CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The APN JOS 2017 conference planning committee welcomes your abstracts for oral papers presentations, and scientific posters. The submission period is open till 30th September, 2017.
- Abstracts must not exceed 350 words excluding author information.
- Must be typed legibly in English using font type Times New Roman
- Must be typed using Microsoft word and font size 12.
- Must include names of authors, their institution of affiliation and e-mail addresses.
- Name of the presenting author should be designated together with his/her contact (may not necessarily be the first author).
- All abstracts must have the following subheadings:
- A title, background, objectives, methods, results and conclusion for original research.
- Title, Introduction, case description and discussion for case reports.
- Abbreviations must be defined when initially used within the abstract.
- Presentation type must be defined i.e. poster or oral.
- All submissions should be made online to the following e-mail address email@example.com Please copy firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Further guide for posters
The title should be the same as in the submitted abstract.
The poster must be no less than A1 and no larger than A0 size (AO size is 841mm (max. 38inches wide) x 1189mm (max. 48 inches tall)). Orientation of your poster must be in portrait style.
The poster should be easily readable at a distance of two metres. Use UPPER and lower case for general content as the use of all-capital text is difficult to read. Avoid using a mixture of type/font styles.
Include the title of your presentation at the top of the poster. Characters should be a minimum of 48 point font size. Your name and affiliation should also be displayed on the poster.
48 to 60 point font size is recommended for headings.
24 to 32 font size single spaced is recommended. The text should be concise and easy to read.
The message that your poster contains should be clear and understandable without the requirement of oral explanation. If relevant, methods should be presented simply and concisely.
After the title, the two most important panels are the Introduction and the Conclusion. On the basis of these two panels, a reader will decide whether to consider the poster details and perhaps talk to the presenter. These panels need to be very simple, concise and visually attractive.
Results should be presented graphically if possible. Avoid large tables of data. Results should be in line with those originally submitted in your abstract.
Use pictures, symbols and colour. Figure legends are essential and should be short but informative. If using graphs, they should have a short heading. For visual effect, we recommend that graphs be no smaller than 12cm x 18cm.
Photographs should be no smaller than 12cm x 18cm.
Use the space to attract your audience for discussion, not to present complex details of methods and results.
All submissions should be made online to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org